Monday, March 31, 2008

Weekend Update: Work, The Mall, and Jesus - The Small Beetle Man?

I have been really busy at work lately.. I have become the "webmaster" and have been charged with the task of building the company's website from the ground up. It has been fun and I have been learning alot of HTML along the way. This weekend was a break time from that. Piper had four days off work so we decided to go to the mall on Saturday. We got to the mall around 11am or so and about an hour later I got called into work. Piper decided that she would stay at the mall with the kids while I drove back out to work and took care of business. After finishing with my first call, I got a second call (groan). I took care of the two calls and headed back to the mall where I located Piper and the kids in the food court in the Taco Bell line. I headed off to the Panda Express line for some Beef Broccoli, chow mien and Kung Pao chicken. Afterwords, we wandered the mall for a bit and I ran into Circuit city to get a USB flash drive. I found a Sony 1GB on sale for $9.99 (bonus). When I took it to the register, it rang up at $17.99 (WTF!?) I went back and got the sign that said $9.99 and the sales person called the manager. The manager said that I could not have it for $9.99 because the sale ended 4 days ago. I said "That's not my problem, you have a sign for $9.99, you have to give it to me for that." The manager said "Fine, we will do it for you this time." like they were doing me a favor. I got pissed and told them "Don't act like you are doing me a favor for 8 bucks. I am doing you a favor by not buying all ten of them on the shelf for $9.99." After that they shut their mouth and I was on my way. There was a Singstar http://www.us.playstation.com/singstar/ booth setup so people can play the game. It is a karaoke type game. Andrew and Jamie sang Franz Ferdinand's "Take Me Out" and had a good time. We ended up buying the 90's version of the song with 2 mics where I promptly lost my voice.

Sunday, Piper and I went to breakfast at our usual spot because the kids were at church with the Grandparents. Our place was closed (DOH!) due to a power outage. We ended up at Big Boy down the road where we sat next to an energetic 4 and a half year old boy who was making lots of noise. The noise didn't really bother us too much because we are used to Andrew. At one point, the kids mom was telling the other people at the table (the kid's grandparents maybe?) a story. We couldn't help but listen in. The mom was saying how the boy a few days ago told her that "Jesus was very small". The mom said "What do you mean Jesus is small" The boy said "Jesus is small like a beetle". The mom said " No, Jesus is big, he is the size of a man". The Boy responded with "Yeah, a beetle sized man!" LOL! There was also an older couple there having breakfast that I noticed. They were both reading the paper and didn't say a word to each other the whole time they were there. I asked Piper if we would end up like that someday. I think her response was "I don't know?" Weird.. It is strange that you would even go to breakfast and not enjoy the other persons conversation.. Oh well.. I am off to bed for now. BTW, we had some thunder and lightning here today. The Tigers also lost their home opener. :(

1 comment:

Ali B. said...

I loved that Jesus beetle story! Good one! Last week my students were trying to prove me wrong about MAN being around when the dinosaurs roamed by reading a passage from Genesis during snack time... yah, those are the moments I see my public school career swirling down the drain. There will be NONE of that religion business 'round these parts! :)

p.s. Thank goodness Piper didn't respond, "I hope so." when you asked if you'd end up like the elderly couple someday???? :)