Monday, August 25, 2008

Higgins Lake 2008 ("Bring the kids. It will be fun")

It started on Sunday morning...




Car loaded up & the kids ready to go.




We stopped at Tony's for breakfast. ummmm bacon!



Can you handle all that food, Jamie? :)




Andrew made his signature coffee cream pyramid.



We showed up around 2 or 3 PM and Craig arrived about 5 minutes later. He started a fire around 4 PM. :-)







Monday, we all got our shoot on. :)




Later on that day, Glen & Ali arrived. Glen burnt off his eyebrows starting a fire about 3 or 4 hours after arriving. His chainsaw provided plenty of fire wood with Jamie's
help dragging logs from the woods.




The gang enjoying some grub.




Guitar Hero was a staple for the kids.





We had some fun times by the fire at night.



Craig taught Jamie many lessons.



Andrew had many philosophical discussions about guitars and video games.


All in all we had a good time. Thursday night we went to the bar for comedy night and saw 2 comics that were very funny. I got very drunk. The only thing that sucked about the whole vacation is the fact that the entire vacation my shoulder was killing me. My back was good though. Jamie did lots of kayaking in the lake (thanks Ali & Glen). Glen's dad came up for a few days and we played some softball which was fun except for the fact that I can't catch a fly ball. Ali was quite the outfielder though. Glen's dad was the long ball hitter of the day and I ended up being the pitcher for most of the outing. It rained 2 days lightly but the weather was nice other than that. That about covers it. I think I need to take another vacation to have a vacation from this one. :)

1 comment:

Ali B. said...

Great summary. Love the shooting photos! Ummm wish I could have been there? Ok, I jest. ;) That's a great shot of Glen's eyebrows! Why didn't I post that!? I agree about the vacation from vacation... that pretty much sums up my entire month of August 2008. Hope to see you guys soon! Ali