Monday, September 03, 2007

Ghost In The Machine

I have been having some computer problems here. For one, my AMD Turion 64 notebook's USB ports stopped working. This happened about 4 days ago. I devoted much of yesterday to try and fix it. I searched and searched online for about 2 hours looking for people with similar problems. They were all XP related.. Nothing reported in Vista since that is what operating system my notebook runs on (Blech!). I fiddled with it for a good 4 hours total before just finally giving up. This really sucks too because I hate the touchpad mouse and had a wireless laser mouse hooked up. This also meant I had to Install Itunes on a different computer and all that too. I had a dream last night that I plugged in my mouse and it worked so I work up this morning, plugged it in and HA HA! It works. All the ports work now and so does my Ipod. Weird, I guess I had a premonition about it. I also had a dream that I was doin' 2 chicks in a big hot tub. :-) Anyway, maybe something I did yesterday fixed it, or maybe it was my dream. At any rate, Windows Vista is know for weird intermittent problems. I have seen more weird stuff going on with Vista than anything else. I am just glad that it works now, and hopefully doesn't happen again.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A linux machine is calling: Jason! Jason!

I swear I can hear it.

Jason said...

I have an old Pentium 2-400 laying around here. What can I throw on that to learn?