Sunday, March 25, 2007

WAHOO, We won the Lottery.... DOH!

So, I am standing behind my work smoking on thursday thinking "man, I wish we had more money" when I looked down at my feet and spotted a lottery ticket. Oh, whats this? an Ohio lottery ticket. We live in Michigan (not too far from Ohio, about 50 miles) and strangely enough, I have never seen an Ohio lottery ticket. I inspected it while I smoked and noticed it had about 7 different drawings on it. It was raining and wet out that day so the ticket was soaked. I put it on the floor of my work van and ran the heat on low to dry it out. When the ticket dried out I inspected it some more. I noticed that the mega millions was played on the ticket along with a "kicker" number... to say the least, I was intrigued by this "kicker" number. I couldn't wait to get home and check this baby online. All the games on the ticket were for Wed, March 21st. I couldn't help thinking "this was a winner and someone dropped it". Anyway, I got home and showed Piper (my wife) and got on the computer to check it. The first thing I checked was this "kicker" number, and it matched!!!! HOLY COW, PIPER WE WON!!!! I looked at the prize - $100,000. Wow!!! Sugar Plum fairies were dancing in our heads! "We can pay off the bills" "We can take a vacation". So, I started looking at the rules and looking for a number to call so I could verify this. The rules were a little unclear as to how you actually win this "kicker". I was so hung up on this "kicker" that I didn't even check any of the other numbers. I called the 800 number for the Ohio lottery commission and got to a person. I explained to the person that the rules were a little unclear and I wasn't sure if I had won or not. The lady on the other end said "As long as the Kicker number matches, you've won". I hung up the phone and was pumped at this point, making plans to drive to Ohio to claim my prize. This had to be too good to be true so I called again. This time I gave the lady on the phone the serial numbers... "I am sorry sir, those are not valid" So I said, "well, maybe I read them wrong, I will give them to you again" This time as I was reading them back, I looked at the top of the ticket... "Winning Numbers For 3-21-07" and it hit me like a ton of bricks... This was just a printout of the winning numbers. I went back in and checked online with the other numbers... Sure enough, they were all matches.. I broke the news to Piper and we went from big pimps back to normal people in seconds flat. Oh well, at least now I know what it feels like.. :-(

1 comment:

neoprime33 said...

Hey Jason,

I was getting all excited because I was thinking "I know someone who won the lottery! WOO HOO!" ... Damn .... lol ... better luck next time though. ;)

Timmay!