Sunday, July 20, 2008

My small driveway garden

I have been growing hot peppers every year for the last 3 years. I am the only one that likes hot peppers and I usualay end up making a salsa with them. This year I decided to get 2 Tomato plants, an Okra plant, and a Green Pepper plant. The tomatoes are doing great so far. The Okra is a hybrid plant and has 4 vegtebles growing on it already! The Green Pepper plant had a nice pepper growing on it but the wind snapped it off. The wind also broke my dipole antenna that day as well but that is a different story. There is a lot of new growth on it so I am not worried. I might get 2 or 3 peppers still from it before the end of the season. I did have a few brown spots on the tomatoes and the leaves which worried me. I did some reading on tomato worms and I don't think I have any. I am a tomato virgin however so we will see when I harvest them. Here are some pics:




No too shabby for a driveway hobby garden. :)

3 comments:

Ali B. said...

mmM Okra! I've had a Cajun Fried Okra recipe hanging around my desk for 2 weeks. No trick to it.. just batter with egg/milk then dip in breadcrumbs with cajun seasoning. Too bad I don't have a deep fat fryer - perfect way to turn the goodforyou stuff into sobadbutsogood stuff!

Good luck with your garden, all of my early garden attempts failed except the strawberry plant that has yet to produce.

Glen R said...

I may have peed in them last night while drinking.

;)

Jason said...

Thanks a lot Glen.. >-|

I can't wait to eat piss tomatoes.