Sunday, July 20, 2008

My back is blown out again.

My back pain came back again a little after 1 year from the last time it was "bad". I didn't have to get the Morphine / Toradol / Flexeril cocktail this time tough. I ended up getting the Toradol shot and a CT Scan. I am supposed to go in a few days and see what the deal is. Pinched nerve? Surgery? who knows. I have been taking Muscle relaxers and Vicoden which has been helping some. The thing that sucks about it is that the pain has spread to my neck and shoulder on the left side. Also the pain has spread to my leg and foot. Basically the entire left side of my body is shot. If I sit too long it takes a few min before I can even walk. If I walk too long it takes a few min before I can even sit. It sucks. I have been on "light" duty at work which means no heavy stuff for a week. I am just glad it wasn't as bad as last time though. I have a high tolerance for pain but last time was just about the worst pain of my life. I am already starting to feel better now and probably within a few days I will be back to "normal". I have to get back to the gym and lose some weight. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Ali B. said...

I can truly understand back pain. I had an awful few days last weekend with it. With chiro/massage/active release guy/stretching/not sitting too long/not standing too long/not twisting.. *sigh* you would think I wouldn't have time for the finer things in life (i.e. blogging)

:)

Take care & I hope that they will be able to tell you exactly what it going on and make a plan.