Friday, August 31, 2007

Drunk Driving Ads

I was watching TV last night, Independence Day to be exact (I haven't seen the movie in awhile and watching Jeff Goldblum is like watching a train wreck), anyway, I saw one of those ads for drunk driving. The ad goes on and on about how "If you had 1 too many drinks" you shouldn't drive, or "If you are over the legal limit" you shouldn't drive. How about an ad that says that you shouldn't drive if you have had anything to drink. It seems to me that the ads are saying that it is ok to drink as long as you don't have one too many. That is pretty messed up. Most people when they start drinking don't realize when the are over the limit. Shit, I have had like 6 beers before and have felt fine to drive. Does that mean - If I feel like I am not drunk, then I am not drunk driving? I think they need to re-think their ad campaign to promote not driving at all, even when you have had one drink. Bars are stupid anyway. They are over priced and meat markets. Oh well.. Just my thoughts on this subject.

No comments: